One thing that irritates me the most in winters is dry air. Dry air is a primary source of frustration for me because it leads to coughing, dry skin and dry hair. It causes irritation to my throat and doesn’t let me breathe, or sleep in peace.
But are you aware that humid air is even more harmful? Yes, humid air, air that has too much moisture in it, has more harmful effects than dry air. Humid air is not only harmful for your body; it can also cause damage to your electronic gadgets.
If you work with many electronics at your home, you should think about getting a dehumidifier. A dehumidifier is electronic equipment that removes excess water particles from air.
In this post, you will get to know about the best 10 dehumidifiers that you can purchase in 2016.
- Frigidaire FAD704DWD – This is the best dehumidifier that money can buy right now, and because of that, it is very expensive. It comes with high Energy Star rating, which means that it saves electricity during operation. Also, it has a capacity of 70 pints.
- Keystone KSTAD50B – This is second best dehumidifier that you can buy. It is relatively cheaper than the Frigidaire FAD704DWD, but if you are on a restricted budget, you should not complain. It also comes with Energy star rating, which means it is power efficient.
- Eva-dry EDV-1100 – The third best-selling dehumidifier comes from a brand named Eva-dry. The striking feature about this dehumidifier is that it is really small in size. It doesn’t take up much space and works like charm. It is also quite affordable.
- Whynter RPD-501WP – As you may have observed, the brand name is a word play on winter. It is quite expensive dehumidifier, but is suited for professional use. It comes with a built-in pump and 50-pint capacity.
- Friedrich D70BP – This dehumidifier is rated an average of 4.7/5 and the 0.3 points it loses is because of its high price. As far as features go, it offers 70-pint capacity and built-in drain pump.
- Gurin DHMD-210 – If you are looking for a tiny little dehumidifier for your bedroom maybe, then look no further and buy this really affordable dehumidifier from a decent brand.
- Honeywell Portable – Honeywell is one of the oldest companies in the world. This 70-pint dehumidifier is priced on the higher side, but since it is built by Honeywell, you can be sure that it is going to last long and perform strong.
- EdgeStar Portable – Again, you do not need a 70-pint dehumidifier for your bedroom. Save money and buy a portable dehumidifier like this 30-pint model.
- DeLonghi DD50PE – One of the more expensive dehumidifier available in market, DD50PE has the capacity of 50-pints, which is 20-pints less as compared to other brands.
- Danby DDR60A3GP – Dehumidifiers currently being sold in the market comes at different price points and capacity. This one is 60-pint version, slightly rare, but quite expensive at the same time. It also comes with a built in pump that can be used to remove water collected inside.